P4 Sl6ws

Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
517
What are your thoughts concerning the SL6WS version of the P4 2.6.. i can't get the fsb past 225.... not even stabe at 225... but it will load windows... I have lax memory timings, upped the voltage, i have tried everything... that a known version that is not very overclockable????
 
I've only had one WS P2.6C in my experience, but it was a big disappointment as well (it didn't like above 237 fsb)
 
I've had one @ 290fsb air,275fsb, and the last one was a dog @ 215fsb max.

Steppings do not matter.

I just got a new 3.2 with the same stepping as the 3.2 in my sig, it should clock the same right. I havnt put it in yet. but i doubt it!!!
 
2.6c sl6ws here @ 266fsb. only got it today, aint primed yet.
 
Originally posted by plur
2.6c sl6ws here @ 266fsb. only got it today, aint primed yet.

What's primed??? Prime95, Hope your not talking about the burning in myth too??
 
Yeh, Prime95.

He who does not prime, is a prime fool.
 
Update: 2.6C SL6WS stable @ 250FSB@3.25GHz@1.625V

MAX3 undervolts a bit, so the voltage is more like 1.58-1.6v.
Not a great overclocker.
Runs benchmarks @ 3.51GHz wont prime @ 3.4GHz~
I'm guessing it's going to finish off at 3.3GHz ish which is OK but not as good as some of these other D1's and M0's which are hitting 3.5GHz@default volts.

I got 6.4GB/s mem in sandra at one point which was nice and broke 19700 3Dmarks on my 9700 Pro.

Here is a screenie @ 266FSB ish 1:1. I forgot to scroll down typically (3-4-4-8)

mem1.JPG



and

cpu2.JPG
 
I should mention too, I'm running with an SLK900 + Delta 80mm 80CFM.
 
mine runs stable at 240fsb @ 1.55v but I refuse to run it any higher until I get some better cooling for it. It posts at 250fsb, hoping to be stable at least around 3.2
 
Back
Top