• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

P4 Prescott Temps?

Joined
Dec 26, 2004
Messages
725
I use my dell 4600 (got in december of 2003), with a 2.8Ghz P4 Prescott, 533Mhz FSB, no HT, for F@H and United Devices folding. It uses 100% of the CPU, and when I feel the copper heatsink, it is extremly hot, like as in it's uncomfortable to put my hand on it, so is the north bridge heatsink. I do have it running 24/7 but I was wondering if this is normal, since I use my main computer (A64) for folding when I am not activly on it, and it never gets hot (with a thermalright XP-90). Thanks, I'm just making sure that the heatsink is seated correctly, and everything is fine, since I know that prescotts get hot, but just checking.
 
If the HSF is hot, it means it's working. Prescotts run way too hot anyway, so it's probably not a problem.
 
Back
Top