• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

P4 max safe Vcore opinions

dj_confus

n00b
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
14
Hey guys,

I'd like to know your opinions on the max voltage that should be put on a D1 stepping p4 on air to avoid NSDS risk.

I'm running a 2.4c cooled by a sp94, as5 and a vaccumish 92mm tornado on an ic7-max3 with Corsair Twinx4400.

I'm currently stable at 250fsb, 1.625V and I don't think I should be worring too much about my current temps(~31*C/~42*C). I'm wondering if raising the voltage will be worth the few extra mhz or if the NSDS risk willl be to high. So how much do you think is safe?

Thanks!
 
I think you should be able to go past 250 FSB with that voltage. At least, I've been able to.

IC 7, 2.4c @ 3.0, SLK 900, cheapo RAM. Not a prob. When I had Samsung RAM, I was able to go to 255 FSB at stock voltage. But I don't remember by CPU stepping.
 
Any of you guys have any feedback on Prescott and voltages? I am not sure what I am really comfortable with long term, not that anyone knows for sure at this point....
 
From my testing, I am not seeing much benefit from going over 1.6v. I always felt 1.7 was about as high as I wanted to push a Northwood for long term daily usage.
 
Originally posted by FrgMstr
Any of you guys have any feedback on Prescott and voltages? I am not sure what I am really comfortable with long term, not that anyone knows for sure at this point....
Off the top of my head the only thing I can think of is when one site put a Prescott in a Shuttle resulting in blue smoke. I would be really scared of OCing one unless I have really good cooling, I wouln't run it beyond stock voltage for the time being (I know, I know it that would be a sin. LOL)

Honestly I'm an AMD guy myself but I really like the 2.4c/ 2.8c Northwoods but I have to say that with current motherboards the Prescott kind of scares me. I'm waiting for new Prescott designed boards to show up before I think of trying one.
 
Back
Top