• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

P4-M 3.06 1MB ES processors

jyi786

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
5,847
^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Mad overclockers.

Booted on Asus P4C800-D; installed Windows at 4.60Ghz. Multiplier: x14. CPUID shows Genuine Intel P4M 3.06 @ 4.60Ghz. 1MB cache. Hyperthreading capable.

Not thoroughly tested. YMMV. No guarantees.

1 piece, with more coming.

Chip marking:

Intel Confidential
QZ52ES Malay
i m c '03 80546HE0831M
L406A364
M406A540
0212

$200.00 w/Fedex 3 day shipping. Cashier's check/money order only. You can trust me. I've dealt with a few [H] members already with extremely satisfactory results. I just forgot to post on the thing called "heat" something? Some rating thing? So yeah. Buy this from me NOW.

Contact: ajm786@att.net
 
Amazingly, I used a cheap Foxconn heatsink that has a copper core. I imagine it would be much more cooler using a quality HSF like my Zalman 7000 Cu. Keep in mind I also wasn't using any thermal grease, and the temps were reading in the BIOS at about 50C. Using thermal paste + good HSF would bring temps down about 8-10C, I'd imagine.
 
I don't have web hosting space. I can e-mail a screenshot if you like.

No trades. Cash $200.00.
 
This processor is a mobile based on 90nm technology. It has 1MB cache, and a look at the bottom capacitors confirms such. It looks like a Prescott, except it is a P4M.
 
YGEM ajm786 :)

Mobile Bartons have been very good to me, hopefully mobile Pentium 4s will take a step up to the plate.
 
Care to divulge who you've dealt with? I'm not saying you're a cheat or a liar, but if these people are satisfied there should be no reason as to why they can't vouch for you. I dunno about others, but when someone says "trust me" a red flag immediately goes up. No slight on you, but it's always nice to have some reassurance, especially for a pretty pricy trade such as this one..
 
Ha guys. I know you have your doubts, but I don't have any. If I could get a copy of the e-mails from the guys I dealt with, I would have no problem forwarding you a copy. I'm pretty sure I have them. And the [H] username of the same guys.

I've only done such transactions twice, but both have gone smoothly.

And no, I will not ship first. Once I get payment, I guarantee I'll ship it. In addition, the last time I did it, I overnighted the processors to my "customers". And you know what? In both cases they were ES processors I was dealing with.

Satisfied? Or shall I go into the past to find evidence to prove my word? ;)
 
Need some screenshots...

and you know running a multi of 14x @ 4.6GHz means you had your FSB @ 329MHz

Thats pretty fishy...but you might have a killer mobo...

Also, how does this perform ? 3DMark01 ?
 
ajm786 said:
Ha guys. I know you have your doubts, but I don't have any. If I could get a copy of the e-mails from the guys I dealt with, I would have no problem forwarding you a copy. I'm pretty sure I have them. And the [H] username of the same guys.

I've only done such transactions twice, but both have gone smoothly.

And no, I will not ship first. Once I get payment, I guarantee I'll ship it. In addition, the last time I did it, I overnighted the processors to my "customers". And you know what? In both cases they were ES processors I was dealing with.

Satisfied? Or shall I go into the past to find evidence to prove my word? ;)

Actually, anyone who is smart wouldnt be satisfied. You have provided absolutley nothing to help with the fact that you have no refs. Your "word" means squat on a trading forum. Personally, I smell something fishy!
 
Would you be willing to cross ship? Providing both forms of shipment include a tracking # it would help both sides of the deal feel more comfortable.

I am very interested and will email you shortly - if you can get more
 
The name of the last person I did a transaction with was Kunaak. He is better known over at the Xtreme Systems Message boards as a mod. He is a lurker here. He bought a 2.6C ES from me in September 2003, and he was more than satisfied with the transaction. Try and contact him if you wish.

I forgot the name of the other [H] member I did a transaction with.

I admit I should have gotten the rating thing on Heatware, but the proof is here. Our transactions were nifty, down to the letter.

I can cross ship, but at a last resort. E-mail me, and I promise, I am open to negotiations.

I am in the hardware business, and I'd eat my hat before I'd screw any of my customers. And most of all, not from my beloved [H]. :)
 
I'll try to post better pics tomorrow, along with screenies of CPUID and Intel Frequency ID Utility to prove. Also, with screenies of the proc running on a board.
 
Patience, grasshopper, patience. :) Details coming tomorrow.
 
The Pentium M's don't reach speeds that high at all. Even in the engineering samples. I know I've got a friend that gets those regularly. Intel gives them to him all the time.

And a 329MHz bus on even a top notch i875P board is HIGHLY unlikely. But not impossible.

But a 4.6GHz Pentium M? Even overclocked that's a HUGE stretch. I'm calling BS until I see some proof. Dothan's just run at around 2.0GHz now. 3. anything is highly unlikely.
 
Sir-Fragalot said:
The Pentium M's don't reach speeds that high at all. Even in the engineering samples. I know I've got a friend that gets those regularly. Intel gives them to him all the time.

And a 329MHz bus on even a top notch i875P board is HIGHLY unlikely. But not impossible.

But a 4.6GHz Pentium M? Even overclocked that's a HUGE stretch. I'm calling BS until I see some proof. Dothan's just run at around 2.0GHz now. 3. anything is highly unlikely.


I was under the impression that this processor is a P4-M, not a Pentium-M? That is the information I took away from the original post anyway... I know there are a few high-powered notebooks out there that have P4-M processors at 3.2ghz these days, so a 3.06ghz engineering sample doesn't seem too far fetched to me. I too would like to see some screenshots of this chip in action, but I am very interested in it. Given the huge success of the XP-M processors, a fantastic overclocking P4-M should be in the cards there somewhere.

This young grasshopper will continue to wait for pics before calling BS :)
 
I know kunaak. Anyone who knows him knows he can not be contacted for about 3 weeks now. Last I heard he was caring for an ailing mother in Alaska. I did sent him a message to validate your id when he returns. If is usually up to the seller to provide references, not for the buyer to try to track some down. Trust you? Why should I? Give me some references and we can talk about it.
 
Ummm, actually, Kunnak said:

" I get my ES's from 2 people.
Both Good, but one I dealt with 1 time.
the other, many times. "

And TheXtremeDude, you don't have to trust anyone, and he doesn't have to "make you trust him". Where's that rule ?

Also, why does this have a heatspreader, don't mobiles not have one ?
 
Quote from Kunaak:

"yep, dealt with AJ once for my 2.6C ES, and he was 100% honest and deliverd the real deal, a Unlocked P4.

from what I remember, he was a great guy to deal with."
 
I've been doing a bit of poking around, and turned up this bit of information:

ftp://download.intel.com/design/mobile/datashts/30242401.pdf

Section 3.1, figure 3-1 seems to show a heat spreader on the 90nm mobile Pentium 4.

All I really want to see are some screen shots to make sure everything is working as specified. It would be kind of neat to see how this performs. A friend of mine just got a new Toshiba Satellite P10 notebook, and the chances of him letting me rip it apart to play with the processor are slim to none :p Please let us know of any further developments!
 
lol, well if we have to call dibs, and just in case my previous e-mail does not count... *dibs*

This would be really neat if they work well. Not your everyday, run of the mill processor :)
 
top%20proc.bmp

bottom%20proc.bmp
 
LilGator said:
BTW...*cough* DiBS on two of these if everything checks out *cough*

:p


I wouldnt doubt he has these actual processors...but FOUR POINT SIX GIGAHERTZ ON AIR?
 
Even if that is just a conservative estimate... four point anything would be quite nice :) Does anyone have any insight as to what multipliers are unlocked? From what I have read various places on the internet, there are only certain multipliers available, even on the ES chips.
 
Back
Top