P4 E0 stepping problem?

sulu

n00b
Hi guys

I just got some P4 3.0 E0 stepping in 478pin. However I am having some problems.
It's running in IS7 right now but it will hang some programs like Sptbot search and destroy, Regsupreme, and Adware. The programs will start scanning and then hang. If put in 3.0 Northwood or prescott D0 stepping everything runs fine. This is really strange. Has anyone had this problem? At work we have these cpus and they will make alot boards boards not be able to exit bios. You can set everything but when you try to save setting at exit it hangs. You have to reboot (by switch) to get out of the bios. In on board bios update saved problem but another board the problem presists. I am wondering if there is big difference with E0 stepping.

So this is a problem with multiple chips? I would have said that you probably got a bad chip, but it's strange that it would happen with several, especially since I've heard so many great things about the E0.

IS7 is 865 chipset right? Maybe the board does not have good support for later prescotts?

Back