P4 3.4EE Overclock

Vundu

n00b
Got a P4 3.4 Extreme Edition on the way, what sort of overclock is realistic with water cooling?

I manage 3.6 out of my 3.0 Northwood. hoping for 3.8+

Damn, you can push a 3.2EE to 4 @ only ~1.5V? Guess I gotta start saving.... :D

It all depends if the chip is made on the new pcb. I suspect by now most EE cpu's in retail will be. My 3.4EE did around 3.8 Ghz totally stable on the retail cooler, in the Mach II GT it is dually prime95 torture stable @ 4250 and only 1.58V under load... :D I can run superPI 1M at almost 4.5 Ghz and 3dmark, aquamark etc are stable @ 260 Mhz fsb (4423 Mhz). Unfortunately I have Win XP SP1 (Danish version), and I'm waiting for SP2 in Danish so I can test Prime over the 4295 Mhz barrier where the 32-bit clock-bug is currentely limiting my 24/7 speed :D

I think 4 Ghz is a reasonable expectation with a decent watercooling setup.

BlownFuse said:
Aren't the EE's unlocked?

Nope, mine's a regular retail 3.4EE with a locked multiplier of 17. There are very few 3.4EE ES's around, I almost got one, but ended up with this one instead. Can't really say I'm sorry ;)

Thanks for the replys guys. Got my EE and managed 3.8 so far, will push for 4gig at the weekend after it has burned in a bit more :D

I would like to ask can you guess stick up your benchmark score im trying to buy one. But I want to see what it gets marks would like to se sandra mem and cpu test. thx

Back