p4 3.06 524 chip oc's...

AZBOOSTIN

Gawd
Hey guys wondering how fast you got your old 3.06 up to on air... what is maxx volatge i should try right now im at 3.5ish at 1.45 volts.... would like to try for more but not sure on how high of voltage I can go

I am using the 775 prescot chip

Looking like:

V-core 1.25 - 1.4
Min/Max operating temperature (°C) 5 - 67.7
Thermal Design Power (W) 84

not alot of info on this processor but im guessing 1.4 is safe.

Keep it cool and use more v-core.

im sure if you turn HT off you can get an even higher overclock with lower voltages... but meh why not have fun with an old processor.. thats what i use my extra sempron 754 cores for.. bought 20 of them for 50 cents each.. already killed 10 of them and sold 5..

so far looking at various forums that give crap for info.. people have been avging 3.6 to 3.7ghz between 1.36 to 1.4v.. and one guy did 4ghz at 1.496v stable..

info pulled from a site that was reviewing heatsinks using an overclocked p4 524
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel Pentium 4 Platform

The Intel Pentium 4 524 stepping G1 was overclocked from its default 3060MHz to 4140MHz.

34_intel_cpu-z.png

The voltage of this core was increased from the default 1.385V to 1.535V. Unfortunately, the CPU-Z utility doesn’t show the CPU model correctly and doesn’t tell its voltage on the mainboard I used during the test.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/print/titan-amanda-tec.html <--link to the info its a little over 3/4 of the way down the page..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im guessing since this is a test they dont usually run that speed and voltage for anything else but testing.. but that should give you an idea of whats possible..

yeah.. thank the hyperthreading for that.. if you can disable it the tops should drop to the mid 30's.. but i dont think the p4 has the speedstep like the core 2's and i7.. but i could be wrong..

Disabling HT will also make multitasking a lot less smooth, so I wouldn't say it's really worth it.

yeah i agree with you on that zero.. but the turning off hyperthreading makes you realize how much you have to compromise temps over speed/multitasking with the p4..

I don't think it's much of a comprimise. The higher temps don't really have any negative effect, and you definitely get a lot out of using HT.

I don't think it's much of a comprimise. The higher temps don't really have any negative effect, and you definitely get a lot out of using HT.

they do if your in a room with 3 other computers and a door closed.. :p

haha well i got it to 3.8ghz stable so far at 1.4 volts, using a thermaltake v1 hsf, with my case side off i idle at about 33 c with the case on im at 50c wow i need some fans...... I think I can hit 4 ghz on air with this chip

can anyone tell me danger zone of heat in this old cpu? ive hit 70c ish under full load. and my mobo temps hit 45-50c

Back