• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

P4+250w PSU = Dead?

tuffgong

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 19, 2005
Messages
1,696
I have a Pentium 2.4 CPU/Mobo combo sitting around and an emptycase with a 250w PSU in it. Now I know that's one weak PSU, but I was wondering if I only had the motherboard, cpu, ram one hard drive, one dvd drive and video card, if that would be ok.

Probably a recipe for disaster.
 
eeh, get a cheap, but decent 350 watter from a local store, invest the 40 dollars
 
It's a "Deep Electronic Company" PSU...I think I'll go buy an Antec or X-Clio instead.
 
It may be borderline and I assume it's a OEM computer. I see 3.2 P4 computers with small PSU like yours.

Best bet would be to upgrade to a beefier one but before doing this, can you give the specs of the computer since some use some custom form factor.
 
It's a

Via P4PB Mainboard
P4 2.4B Northwood
Corsair 2x512 DDR RAM
80GB ATA100 HD
DVD-ROM
Probably a radeon 7500-9800

I just noticed the PSU doesn't even have the 4-pin power connector so it's not happening with this one. Would it have been safe afterall?
 
Back
Top