P35 DS3R and crucial 6400

I would think that you will be fine - worst case scenario is probably that you might have to use 1 DIMM only to get into the BIOS to set the correct voltage manually.

I've got the P35C-DS3R version and I'm trying to figure out if you can adjust the memory timing. So far I don't see it in the bios. Anyone else know?

Thanks man. It would help if I also looked in the manual. I got to them.:)

I just ordered some Crucial Ballistix 2 weeks ago, these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146565

And I just ordered a Gigabyte P35 DS3R last night. The voltage on the ram is 2.2. Will my comp boot up? Will I need to switch in some lower volt DDR2 ram and change the settings in BIOS?

Any with a P35 ds3r that can help me?

I have both... ;) It will boot fine with both sticks at stock 1.8v - no problem. Just do the Ctrl+F1 trick to get into the memory timings of the tweaker page and change the settings to 4-4-4-12 and about +0.2v for starters. I'm running mine at 400MHz (PC 800 1:1) at 2.1v

Does this board just run ram at 1.8v? I'm using OCZ PC6400 and it says 2.1v and that it can handle 2.2v. But without knowing what voltage the ram is currently getting, how would I know how much voltage I can increase it by? If it's running at 1.8 then I should be able to do +0.4 without even going out of spec for the ram, but if it's already running at 2.1 via the SPD or something then adding +0.4 seems like a lot :confused:

Anyone know if you can adjust the Command Rate?

Nope thats AMD, Intel runs at 2T, there is an ASUS board that will let you try 1T with some memory dividers but its iffy. Intel chipsets dont like anything but 2T.

Does this board just run ram at 1.8v?

That is the default per JEDEC spec and what the board default as well. Memory voltage adjustments are available in the bios to over 2.2V, I dont remember the max offhand.

SPD will set the timings but not the voltage.

When the memory voltage is set to normal it is running at 1.8V no matter what. The memory boots at 1.8V 800mhz 5-5-5-18 when you install it. The memory has no problems doing that (I have the ballistix PC8000 on the P965-DS3 board, it booted at 800mhz 5-5-5-18 1.8V when I first installed them.)

Normal = 1.8V
+.1V = 1.9V
+.2V = 2.0V
+.3V = 2.1V
+.4V = 2.2V
+.5V = 2.3V
+.6V = 2.4V
+.7V = 2.5V

It doesn't matter what type of ram you have, normal is always 1.8V for every brand of ram. The memory when you first install it always will clock itself down from it's rated speed and timings so that it posts using 1.8V.

Nope thats AMD, Intel runs at 2T, there is an ASUS board that will let you try 1T with some memory dividers but its iffy. Intel chipsets dont like anything but 2T.
a couple of abits & DFIs will also run 1T on Intel although it's fair to say that it doesn't seem to make a massive difference.

Back