P35 and Quad max fsb?

cyclone3d

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
18,428
Anybody able to get over 480fsb relaiably with a P35 chipset and a Quad core yet?
 
Wow.. no responses whatsoever.

Nobody has gotten over 480fsb with a Quad and a P35 chipset?

Well..those with P35s and Quads, what it the highest you have been able to get?
 
What a great oppertunity for a "Rick Roll"

But yea, 500 is the max for most boards period, give or take depending on the particular chip/board. Why know someone else's max, when yours should be the only on that matters :D
 
Hrmm.. that original google search helped not one bit. I was asking about quads.. Not just 500_ fsb on a P35 chipset.

A better search would have been

500 FSB P35 quad x3210

So there are very few that can get 500 or above with a P35 and quad.

I'm surprised that apparantly nobody here has done it....
 
500 FSB would be a huge push for any processor.
Do you see lots of duals hitting 500 or what?
 
Sure.. a lot of duallies can get way over 500fsb.

I am not talking about staying at the default multiplier.

I want the higher fsb, lower multiplier so I can get better throughput on my RAM.

I know my RAM can do over DDR 1000 easy... but I am stuck at DDR 920 because I can't get my fsb high enough to keep the same clock with a lower multiplier.

And running higher than 1:1 on the RAM doesn't increase the throughput near as much as higher fsb with the RAM at 1:1 does.

I really want 7x526. But as of now, the max stable fsb on my setup is 480.

I am kinda thinking it is because there needs to be another memory controller strapping programmed into the BIOS. Seems like it would be a simple thing to do for the board makers.. and I keep trying every Beta BIOS that comes out for this board, but still nothing.
 
Sure.. a lot of duallies can get way over 500fsb.

I am not talking about staying at the default multiplier.

I want the higher fsb, lower multiplier so I can get better throughput on my RAM.

I know my RAM can do over DDR 1000 easy... but I am stuck at DDR 920 because I can't get my fsb high enough to keep the same clock with a lower multiplier.

And running higher than 1:1 on the RAM doesn't increase the throughput near as much as higher fsb with the RAM at 1:1 does.

I really want 7x526. But as of now, the max stable fsb on my setup is 480.

I am kinda thinking it is because there needs to be another memory controller strapping programmed into the BIOS. Seems like it would be a simple thing to do for the board makers.. and I keep trying every Beta BIOS that comes out for this board, but still nothing.


I don't see why a little extra throughput on your memory would be worth killing your motherboard prematurely. 500 fsb puts so much strain on the NB it's not even funny. I honestly can't see your montherboard lasting more than a few months at that rate.

I hope you have really good cooling on the mosfets and NB.
 
yea how are you cooling that lil NB chip? that little guy needs to stay just as cool as ur CPU these days
and wow please post ur multiplier specs and OC details and specs
480 Fsb on the quads is more than decent speeds, oh and are you using two different kinds of rams?
thats a no no if so. use one or the other
 
Hehe.. yep two different barnds and sizes of RAM. Stable 24/7. Using one or the other doesn't result in any higher CPU or fsb stablity.

The NB and SB have a heatpipe setup and stay very cool. There is extra airflow across them from fans I have in the case.

I haven't messed with AS5 on the NB and SB. I highly doubt it would get me any more fsb.

3680 = 8x460 max stable CPU speed at the moment.

7x480 max stable fsb

NB = 1.375
SB = 1.6

I'll have to check the rest of my settings once I get back home.
 
Hehe.. yep two different barnds and sizes of RAM. Stable 24/7. Using one or the other doesn't result in any higher CPU or fsb stablity.
Yes i know that, but it could be the cause that ur system is unstable at these higher speeds. Have you tried your oc with just one of the rams u have?

The NB and SB have a heatpipe setup and stay very cool. There is extra airflow across them from fans I have in the case.

I haven't messed with AS5 on the NB and SB. I highly doubt it would get me any more fsb.
Heatpipe? im guess thats the stock cooler. anyways using as5 will help the NB and SB chips have better contact with the heatsink therefore resulting in better heat exchange and overall reducing temps maybe 1-3 degress you might not think its worth it but every little bit helps. lower temps = higher FSB unless ur systems reached its max..


3680 = 8x460 max stable CPU speed at the moment.

7x480 max stable fsb

NB = 1.375
SB = 1.6

I'll have to check the rest of my settings once I get back home.

Sounds good so far

And what does this mean"
NB = 1.375?
SB = 1.6?

did you mean volt settings?
NB = 1.375v
SB = 1.6v
sorry im new to these due core quad core architechure's learning things myself... in the progress
 
Back
Top