• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

P3 450mhz won't boot.

Bop

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Messages
3,426
I got a P3 450mhz along with a motherboard replacement and I can't get the CPU to boot.

This is with an ASUS P2B-F and 128MB PC100 SEC SDRAM. I tried the CPU in a plain P2B(rev 1.04) and the same issue came up. The system boots fine with a Pentium 2 450mhz but with the P3 the system turns on but nothing happens.

The jumpers are set correctly(4.5x100) so I'm stumped.

Anyone know what could be the problem?
 
Bop said:
I tried the CPU in a plain P2B(rev 1.04) and the same issue came up. The system boots fine with a Pentium 2 450mhz but with the P3 the system turns on but nothing happens.

Tried both.
 
Bop said:
I tried the CPU in a plain P2B(rev 1.04) and the same issue came up.
The system boots fine with a Pentium 2 450mhz but with the P3 the system turns on but nothing happens.

So the processor doesnt work in another board
another processor works in the board

Then.... your p3 is borked... what is the question?
 
Back
Top