• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

p2930_Coiled Coil

PhantomLimb

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 26, 2001
Messages
455
I got the luck of the draw where two of my machines at work grabbed this 1,112 pointer of folding goodness, but this one is a beast.

Both boxes are the same, but there is a contrast in times.

P4 2.4C (No OC) / 512 ram / no HT (Just folding) - ~ 108 hours to complete.
P4 2.4C (No OC) / 512 ram / HT on (Moderate use) - ~ 138 hours to complete.

I 'borrowed' it and let my main machine at home take a crack at it :

A64 3700+ (S754, 2.4GHz, No OC) / 1GB ram / (Light-medium use) - ~ 95 hours to complete.

The core is only using about 65MB ram.

Anybody else got one of these? I'm curious to see what others can do with it.

 
I had one last week. Could you refresh my memory and tell me how you can find the times of past WUs?
Edit: Found it. 51:17 per frame on an A64 3500@2.33 with 1GB

 
*drool* I want one....

My Athlon 64 hasn't grabbed one yet, nor has either core of my X2.....

These are pretty scarce, I take it?

 
I picked up one with my main rig (A64 3500 @ 2.53ghz). Took 45min/frame; Roughly 75 hours to complete.
 
Hmm I'm guessing these take longer per frame than the other DGromacs? Because I've had 2 2353s and 1 2394 go at 20mins a frame, about 33 hrs a WU on a 2.7ghz Athlon64 Venice. Does that increase in clock speed really help that much? Or are ya'll getting similar times?
 
I had one on my X2 and it was cranking about a frame an hour.
And it's not time per frame that matters - it's Points for science per unit of time per clock speed.
From qd:
Index 4: finished 1112.00 pts (9.972 pt/hr) 65.9 X min speed
server: 171.65.103.150:8080; project: 2390
meanwhile the other instance was burning on a 2391:
Index 5: finished 592.00 pts (10.896 pt/hr) 72 X min speed
server: 171.65.103.150:8080; project: 2391
So I was getting a sweet 21.8 points per hour off my main networking etc. basement heater. or about 5.25 points per hour per Ghz.
Now if I OC'd it --?
remember - the upgrade cost me ~$270 for the m/b and CPU :)

 
gnewbury said:
I had one on my X2 and it was cranking about a frame an hour.
And it's not time per frame that matters - it's Points for science per unit of time per clock speed.
From qd:
Index 4: finished 1112.00 pts (9.972 pt/hr) 65.9 X min speed
server: 171.65.103.150:8080; project: 2390
meanwhile the other instance was burning on a 2391:
Index 5: finished 592.00 pts (10.896 pt/hr) 72 X min speed
server: 171.65.103.150:8080; project: 2391
So I was getting a sweet 21.8 points per hour off my main networking etc. basement heater. or about 5.25 points per hour per Ghz.
Now if I OC'd it --?
remember - the upgrade cost me ~$270 for the m/b and CPU :)


Can't wait and see how fast my 2.7ghz burns through them..or how slowly. :p
 
aznx said:
Hmm I'm guessing these take longer per frame than the other DGromacs? Because I've had 2 2353s and 1 2394 go at 20mins a frame, about 33 hrs a WU on a 2.7ghz Athlon64 Venice. Does that increase in clock speed really help that much? Or are ya'll getting similar times?


On folding clock speed is everything. ;)
 
Just set up a laptop -IBM T40 P-M 1600 -
First unit grabbed - a p2930

 
Back
Top