I'm looking to buy 4 new 27" monitors to be arranged in a 2x2 grid. Ideally I wanted to get the Asus PB279Q but unfortunately it's not available yet, and I need to get the monitors soon.
The 2 monitors I'm struggling to decide over is the dell P2715Q 4k monitor with 22mm bezels or the dell U2715H 1440p monitor with 8mm (effectively total) bezel.
I will mainly be using my computer for scientific research work purposes (where I work with multiple mathematica files, pdf, etc), secondly for watching movies/tv shows, and thirdly for photo editing (in the order of importance). I do NOT plan to game on these monitors!
For movie watching, I would only use a single screen if I buy the 4k monitor, but am considering the idea to span the movie over all 4 screens if I got the 1440p monitors, I could always resort back to a single screen if it really turns out to be horrible.
I believe if I pick the 4k monitor, I will be using it with 150 dpi scaling, effectively yielding the same real estate as the 1440p, but the 4k will provide much better sharpness and clarity, which will be useful for photo editing in lightroom.
So after reading all that which monitors would you pick and why (ignoring cost difference)? or are there any other monitor alternatives that I missed, I have considered the LG 31MU97, but after the reviews about screen flickering/artifacts, the much higher price tag, and the fact that it may simply just be too big for 2x2 grid, I don't think that monitor is a good idea.
Thanks for the feedback guys
The 2 monitors I'm struggling to decide over is the dell P2715Q 4k monitor with 22mm bezels or the dell U2715H 1440p monitor with 8mm (effectively total) bezel.
I will mainly be using my computer for scientific research work purposes (where I work with multiple mathematica files, pdf, etc), secondly for watching movies/tv shows, and thirdly for photo editing (in the order of importance). I do NOT plan to game on these monitors!
For movie watching, I would only use a single screen if I buy the 4k monitor, but am considering the idea to span the movie over all 4 screens if I got the 1440p monitors, I could always resort back to a single screen if it really turns out to be horrible.
I believe if I pick the 4k monitor, I will be using it with 150 dpi scaling, effectively yielding the same real estate as the 1440p, but the 4k will provide much better sharpness and clarity, which will be useful for photo editing in lightroom.
So after reading all that which monitors would you pick and why (ignoring cost difference)? or are there any other monitor alternatives that I missed, I have considered the LG 31MU97, but after the reviews about screen flickering/artifacts, the much higher price tag, and the fact that it may simply just be too big for 2x2 grid, I don't think that monitor is a good idea.
Thanks for the feedback guys