P2370 - Fixed it

BBA

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 25, 2003
Messages
5,382
For any of you who have one of these cheaply made monitors with the dreaded 'unfixable' problem...

A friend gave this monitor to me because it had brightness then dark then bright/color lines/buzzes in and out and shuts off-all when powered up. Techs told him it would cost more to fix then to buy a new one.

After it sat on the floor about 3 months, I finally decided to take it apart (man, it's cheaply made junk). Well, it just snaps apart by laying it down on it's face and pulling the stand while pressing on the back side of the bottom edge of the front frame piece.
The whole problem was poor contact on the LCD connector strip on the top edge of the panel. I peeled up the plastic tape to see if I could locate the issue and powered it on..guess what, it came on and works perfectly. All it took was some minor manipulation of the LCD contact strip and snapping the back cover back on.

Now to figure out what to do with it.
 
Back
Top