P180b vs Nine Hundred simple question

Scootel2

Weaksauce
Does the Nine Hundred really cool things better then the P180b? I really like the look of the P180b but I plan on overclocking and would like to find out which one suits my needs better.

Thanks

I think once you hit a certain level of "cool" there is no getting better untill you goto water... so teh 180 is good so really you would have to recreate the wheel to really get any better. Ive had both and I thought the 900 was better but not worth a case change...

I think the P180b is the way to go. I think the 900 might have lower case temps because it has so many holes (Mesh front & side hole), but the P180 has good air flow too and is quiet (insulation). Plus the dust filters.

The 900 takes a rather unsophisticated approach to cooling with a simple design and many fans.

P180 is the absolute opposite, it has a sophisticated compartmentalised design with strategically placed quiet fans and vibration dampening and silencing everywhere it can. Even the PSU sits on silicon strips.

If you're up for alternatives, a smaller case like the SOLO is easier to cool because of the lower volume of air involved. This also allows it to be quieter et cetera.

Frankly, they're all well past "good enough" for most air jobs...I'd go with the P180 over the 900 just because the 900 looks dorky and is probably significantly louder given the more open design.

i have both and have run the same system in the p180b and hine hundred and the hine hundred is cooler and i think it looks better but the p180 runs quiter and is better for cable mangment

Get the Nine Hunderd, if your going to OC you wil apreciate the air flow.

Plus the good air flow will help out prolonging the life of all your components.

I just upgraded from the lian li pc68 to the Antec 900 and wholly difference. I pretty much cut down 9c on every component in my system and some even more. This is with the fans on medium.

Ohh and this is also using a pair of nylons from the dollar store stretched over the 2 front fans for filtration :)

I don't think there is a case straight out of the box that is as good at cooling as the 900....and if there is, I've never heard of it.

Back