P180 Water cooling, WHEN???

That sucks, I think they make 7/16" tubing that has 1/2" OD

EDIT : NM the tubing as 9/16" OD might still work however. If all else fails you can get some 3/8" tubing for that section of the loop and heat it up on one end to stretch over the 1/2" barbs. It would make for a nice and very snug fit.

O-P-M nice start man, can not wait to see it finished, I like the placement of the pump but what about the HDDs you going down town with them, how many you have?

I am contemplating purchasing one of these cases and trying to WC it as well... My idea:
1.) remove the lower drive cage
2.) get a typhoon 120X small reservior
3.) remove the lower front 120mm fan
4.) place the reservoir there in the front lower 120mm fan position
5.) position the pump (DD4 pump) where the lower drive cage was removed
6.) use a 90 degree elbow at the pump output and run it towards the radiator
7.) mod the middle lower 120mm fan bracket (the one just in front of the PSU) such that the order of the radiator set up goes like this: (from front to rear) DD4 Pump, a little space, 120mm Fan pushing air onto the radiator, Danger Den Black Ice Extreme 120mm radiator, the mounting bracket attached to the case, second 120mm Fan pulling air off the radiator.
8.) Running the water tube from the radiator up thru the hole to the CPU, then back down into the WC setup area into the reservoir.

My idea is for a gaming case, not for a storage or everyday use PC... so I would only have 2 hard drives in the thing, which I am contemplating moving into 5 1/4" bay adapters and removing the middle drive cage as well in order to make more room for the 2 7800GTX's that I want to put in there.

I have looked at as many pictures as possible in order to get a best guess at how close my guesses will be to really fitting, from what I can tell, it looks like everything will fit. The only thing I am not completely sure in is if the 120mm radiator will fit laying sideways inside of the case.

BLiTzKRiEG said:
I am contemplating purchasing one of these cases and trying to WC it as well... My idea:
1.) remove the lower drive cage
2.) get a typhoon 120X small reservior
3.) remove the lower front 120mm fan
4.) place the reservoir there in the front lower 120mm fan position
5.) position the pump (DD4 pump) where the lower drive cage was removed
6.) use a 90 degree elbow at the pump output and run it towards the radiator
7.) mod the middle lower 120mm fan bracket (the one just in front of the PSU) such that the order of the radiator set up goes like this: (from front to rear) DD4 Pump, a little space, 120mm Fan pushing air onto the radiator, Danger Den Black Ice Extreme 120mm radiator, the mounting bracket attached to the case, second 120mm Fan pulling air off the radiator.
8.) Running the water tube from the radiator up thru the hole to the CPU, then back down into the WC setup area into the reservoir.

My idea is for a gaming case, not for a storage or everyday use PC... so I would only have 2 hard drives in the thing, which I am contemplating moving into 5 1/4" bay adapters and removing the middle drive cage as well in order to make more room for the 2 7800GTX's that I want to put in there.

I have looked at as many pictures as possible in order to get a best guess at how close my guesses will be to really fitting, from what I can tell, it looks like everything will fit. The only thing I am not completely sure in is if the 120mm radiator will fit laying sideways inside of the case.

You have any pictures of you current computer setup?

R!P13y said:
If you take a look at that thread i posted on there, leaving a asshole reply but i really think he did a half jack job on that setup

I see that you dont have a P180....then you dont know how hard it is to get things to be clean in that case. Also you should look at all the stuff he has in the case. He has a lot of harddrives making it hard to find a place to put the pump...he also has most of the 5.25" bays used. This means he has a lot of power cables, and not much extra space in the case. I think he did a pretty decent job setting it all up.

Erasmus354 said:
where did you see this? I had been measuring my case right in that same spot to see about fitting a PA160 in there and I came up with it being about 1cm shy on space to fit the PA160 if you removed the floppy and bottom 5.25" bay. I could have been wrong though and if it does fit I would be pleasantly surprised :)

Sorry for the late response, I don't pay attention much during the week...

my.php

As posted by brucoman on procooling. As you can imagine, the rest of the thread went on to debate the merits of push vs. pull fan configs. :)

Back