• Great friend of mine with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    https://athleteoftheyear.org/2026/keenan-a856

P160 barbs

Cproflow

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
71
I'm just about to build my first WC rig (a little nervous btw ;) ) and I ordered a P160 from Danger Den. I didn't know if that rad shipped with barbs, and I saw they sold plastic barbs for their Thermochill rads. I ordered a set, as they were pretty cheap.

Are there any beefier (meaning metal) barbs that would fit and do a better job? I plan to use the Masterkleer 7/16" ID tubing. All the other barbed connections (Storm rev 2 from Petra's and the modded MCP 355 pump) come with O-ringed metal barbs. Maybe I'm just a noob, but I have more inherent confidence in the metal vs. the plastic for long-term integrity.

Anyone have any leads or suggestions? Am I just overthinking this?
Thanks for any replies!
 
The rad does indeed already come with a set of plastic barbs. You can pick up a set of brass barbs from the hardware store, just check online the threading (as I can't remember off the top of my head). I am pretty sure most home depots etc... carry the correct size barbs.

EDIT : Board rules are for sigs to be 10 lines or less, yours a bit too long.
 
Thanks Erasmus...your P-180 is essentially my inspiration! I did a lot of searching for ideas and really liked what you did. You and Gnoccin (sp?) over at XS. Did you just use brass yourself?

ps. I haven't posted here in forever, and did realize my sig was so bloated and outdated. I chopped it in half :)
 
The nickel plated brass high flow G3/8 (3/8" BSPP) barbs from AquaXtreme (CT) are a perfect match for all of the Thermochill PA-series radiators.

yhst-65556269779593_1924_185089.jpg
 
Dangit...I didn't see those on your site when I made my order. :eek: So these will accept the Masterkleer 7/16" ID tubing OK?

If so, look for another order coming your way tomorrow. I was thinking about trying out some Pentosin Blue G11. I ordered the Hydrix...but that blue is becoming more appealing the more I look at it.

Why do I get into poorly-thought-out click frenzies when I order? ;)
 
Back
Top