P/S2 > USB converter

User Name

2[H]4U
don't know if this is the correct froum or not, but it involved with modding anyway..

is the converter needs any electronics? or is it just direct from p/s2 to USB?

i'm going to convert my p/s2 keyboard to usb as the ps/2 port is fried. and no, i don't want to buy the converter

I think that converter needs electronics. The mice/keyboards that come with them already have the electronics inside of the to make it work. So that adapter is just a port converter. The ones you buy at the store have electronics in them like the keyboards mice do to make it work. Hope this helps

Originally posted by GlobalFear
Here's what you need.

I don't think he means playstation2

I think he means this...
ps2port.gif

-Terry

the ps/2 o connector on the keyboard or on the mobo is fried?
i have a ps/2 to usb adaptor that come with microsoft keyboard
all i ask is you cover shipping

Originally posted by Gargoyle_Hunter
Rat Shack has the converters for like $15. Cheapest place I've seen 'em.
$15!!!! the local computer shop here sells them for 4.50. and thats still high. i know the owner, and he sells them to me for 1.50. $15 is outrageous. for that price you can buy a mouse that is already usb.

Originally posted by DeFkOrN
$15!!!! the local computer shop here sells them for 4.50. and thats still high. i know the owner, and he sells them to me for 1.50. $15 is outrageous. for that price you can buy a mouse that is already usb.

Are you talking about a USB to PS/2 converter, or a PS/2 to USB? What I'm talking about is the latter which I thought was what he was asking for... USB to PS/2 are cheap, you get them with every freakin' USB mouse you buy. The other ones are the $15 ones. You can find them online, but S/H makes them cost about the same.

Originally posted by Gargoyle_Hunter
Are you talking about a USB to PS/2 converter, or a PS/2 to USB? What I'm talking about is the latter which I thought was what he was asking for... USB to PS/2 are cheap, you get them with every freakin' USB mouse you buy. The other ones are the $15 ones. You can find them online, but S/H makes them cost about the same.
im talking about both.

Well let me know where you can get a PS/2 to USB converter for cheap. I dont think you can even get the IC for the USB interface for under $1.50:p If you think $13 is outrageous, show me a USB keyboard for less than $30.

OK, try this one , ... :)

Oh, and thanks gargoyle_hunter, got it from the Wierd Al song, "Bob"

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back