• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

P-rating ??

tek538

n00b
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
55
So how do I calculate how fast my cpu is after I overclock it? I have my 3200+ 2.0ghz default core at 2.6, how fast does this make this cpu? Do I just add 600mhz to the 3200+ or is it scalable, say now my 3200+ is now a 4160+? Would this be the p-rating?
 
It makes it a 3200+ @ 2.6Ghz. What's the issue lol. The question is whether it is stable. Did you run Prime95 for 24 Hours without an error?
 
Yeah I didnt run it all the way through, I've had it at this speed since friday morning and I havent had any issues with it. Its a winchester core @ 289x9 1.55v 35c idle and 43c under load. I've tested it out with about 5 straight hours of Call of Duty 2 without any issues. But I'm curious about the p-rating...
 
Borgschulze said:
Why does it matter? It's just the model number...

What do you mean model number? Doesnt the 3200+ tell you what speed to expect? From what I understand an Intel p4 at 3.20ghz operates at roughly the same speed of a 3200+ with a core clock of only 2.0ghz. Am I wrong in making this assumption? Since I figured maybe you guys would know more about this, maybe you could help me out.
 
200mhz is rounghly equal to 512k cache in PR ratings... id say its about on par with a 4000+
 
There's a site that calculates the p rating... I can't remember it though :mad:
 
Fawkes said:
200mhz is rounghly equal to 512k cache in PR ratings... id say its about on par with a 4000+
agreed. i was gonna say fx-55 (i think those are 2.6ghz, right?) but i forgot to factor in the cache, so ya 4000+ looks about right (4000+ is the same as fx-53 stock i think, so if u want to look at it that way instead, go ahead)
 
Back
Top