Owner's manual for Swan speakers?

jcmuse

Limp Gawd
i got my D1080MkII's the other day. My first set out active monitors. I'm running them from my Zero DAC. They sound great, but it is true they lack on the low end, but i'm finding i really don't mind. The speakers came greatly packed, with white gloves to handle them. But i didn't get an owner's manual :( I've looked everywhere (including on the net) and can't seem to find one.

Is there anything i should keep in mind with these speakers? I've noticed that when i turn the power switch off they make a pop sound... should i be turning the volume all the way down when powering them off?

the switch is likely just the DC spike either way, because they lack a protection circuit, generally an owner's manual will tell you to cycle the volume down to 0 before you power off or on, although on my receivers/amps with protection circuits, it makes no difference (although if its up and it comes on a live source, it will just start blasting the source after the relay clicks on), the setups without these circuits will ALWAYS pop

I've yet to see this actually damage a speaker (home theatre or PA), but it is somewhat annoying imho

Back