Owner Info on Westys

Hey everyone,
So I have been watching the incredible prices of these westys lately and have seen them on the forums so many times and I am wondering what the quality is really like? How are the blacks? Can it really perform as a primary pc monitor? Whats 360/ps3 like via hdmi? Any pics would also be fantastic!:D
thanks.

its best bang for the buck. the blacks are not stellar, but the price/size/resolution outweigh it.

yes it can be used as primary PC monitor, text is crisp.

as far as i know X360 games dont output to 1080p (someone correct me if im wrong), only 1080p with movies ran via the HD DVD addon. PS3 however has full 1080p

i have this LCD and it is great, i have used it for almost a full year as my main PC monitor, just recently switched to a CRT again. hehe. still gets lot of use with my PS3/360/STB

I've had it for a couple months now.

The most critical thing is that it _needs_ calibration. Initially, it came with slightly skewed colors and horrible black crush. After calibration, the colors are great and there is no black crush. Sure, the blacks could be better, but it's pretty decent.

As it's an MVA panel there are two primary issues:
1. Input lag of ~32ms. This may or may not affect you. It does not affect me playing FPS (eg. UT) and shooters (eg. Einhander).
2. Horizonal Contrast Shift. The level of contrast on MVA panels shifts if you move left and right. It's not nearly as big a problem as TN panels have, but it may bother some people. I don't notice it if I'm not looking for it.

In exchange for those, you get way better viewing angles and colors than a TN, at a way lower cost than an IPS.

The Westy for me is everything than an MVA panel could be. Pretty damn perfect. (Although if I had money to burn I'd still get an IPS...)

I couldn't be happier with my 47" westy. It works great as a pc monitor, and a television. I had been eyeballing these sets for a long time, then this set went on sale for $1099 at my local Best Buy. I couldn't pass it up any longer.

There's a ton of pics in the Westy thread, but since i'm such a nice guy...
after3.jpg

BR2.jpg

gears1.jpg

P3200010.jpg

I love my westy 37, i can honestly say it is one of my favorite purchases since living on my own.

Back