Own an Android Phone? You Might Not Get That Loan

Or, I could buy a 2015 Mercedes C300 for the same amount. The moment a car drives off the lot its value is then evaluated on the used market despite how little miles are put onto the car. That's cause the vehicle is given its true value.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Mercedes-Benz-m43#listing=203286619

A 2015 Honda Accord is like $19k with 22,000 miles. That Mercedes was originally $40k and that's base price.

Wow, new cars are worse values than used cars and Hondas hold their value well? Thanks for the news flash.

It would be better to compare an Accord to an Accord cause that's a certain class of car. Which in 21 years there had better be improvements in the same car. A Corvette today is pretty much a world of difference compared to a 1980's Corvette, and there's a lot of cars today that produce more power than that 80's Corvette, but a Corvette holds many more standards than features and engine horsepower. A Camaro is not a Corvette, it's a poor mans Corvette. Just like a Honda Civic is not a Honda Accord. It's similar but the Accord has more space, which is the same reason you bought an Accord in 1997.

It doesn't matter because your argument falls apart either way, but by all means keep arguing minutiae to try and save face.

At this point I would expect the banks to collapse soon as a lot of people are defaulting on their loans. Just look at Ford and why they're cutting out their cars. Too many auto loans that are defaulting. So of course anything like what phone you use might be an indication that a person won't default on a loan, which is stupid as hell and desperate as hell.

I don't agree with his assessment. He makes a lot of assumptions and doesn't have data to back it up. BTW: Ford doesn't do subprime car loans. FMC does do loans, but certainly not sub prime ones. Sub prime ones get farmed out. Every dealer has a list of loan originators to pick from. They will push what gets them the least cost or best kick back. Oh we can get you in that new 66 month loan for 7% (dealer gets $1000 kickback from loan company). It's why you should always pay cash. The dealer is not vested to get you the best deal on a loan and it's just money down the drain.

The "Big 3" have always battled Honda, Toyota and now Subaru on sedan sales. And yes the Sedan market is shrinking as more people move to cross overs. There is beyond organic growth there (organic growth being natural growth due to things like GDP increase)

I think what is happening is the "Big 3" are pumping and dumping everything into electric cars and self driving (a fools venture) So there is no money left over for things like Sedans/Compacts which are very low/negative margin.

I thought Ford/GM/Chrysler was dumb because when Trump is out of office, CAFE will likely be reinstated and they would be in trouble without Sedans. Even the bigger F-250's which are currently exempt from CAFE will have to be included due to production numbers. BUT then I realized Ford has a heavy commitment invested in electric vehicles. So I predict by 2022, Ford will come out with 2 models of electric car to help meet CAFE. I think that's a fools venture as well. The US electrical grid and charging times will not support this venture. I think marketing is in for a rude awakening when they release these new models.

Correlation is not Causation problem.

Also data mining of this sort only works if most people are unaware of the rule set. In other words, if having an iPhone increases your new data mined social credit score, or whatever, and people find out about it... they will all buy iPhones. Then the correlation will vanish. You can even get corrupt bribery schemes where a company pays the data mining agency, or whatever, and gets their product inserted as a benefit to the score. Then leak the info, get a nice jump in sales. Grease some palms, make people buy your shit regardless of how good it is merely to increase credit score to buy more shit they don't need.

It'd be even better if you can make getting a job dependent on the score. Then everybody will HAVE to buy your shit, or else be broke.

Back