Overwatch - LONG loading times ! any fixes that WORK ?

T

troyquigley

I have outrageous load times when i am loading a map.

specs
4690k @ 4.3ghz
16gb ram @ 1866
ssd (550mb/s r/w) (90k iops)
r9 290 4gb (with the latest drivers)
windows 10

the game runs around 100 fps once i get into a game.

what is causing this really long load time. sometimes it takes so long i get kicked from the match, before i even get to the character select screen.

what is outrageous? 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds?

Reinstall game? Reinstall Bnet client? check windows for errors? Check network connections and check firewall.

what is outrageous? 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds?

Reinstall game? Reinstall Bnet client? check windows for errors? Check network connections and check firewall.
long enough for me to get kicked BEFORE the match starts.

internet connection: 120 down / 12 up (checked)
i guess i could disable my firewall before i launch overwatch...hmmm...that might help

Yeah check your firewall settings. sounds like a connection problem. because i've a similar setup and i get in under 20 seconds.

Yeah check your firewall settings. sounds like a connection problem. because i've a similar setup and i get in under 20 seconds.
here is the weird thing about it.
when i have this long load issue. i will quit overwatch and come back in a couple of times. for some reason everything will load fine for a match...then i have to leave the game and try again.
i do not even have AV installed (don't need it).

Since you have 120 Down I'd suggest completely un-installing and removing the game from your computer and downloading again. I've seen corrupt files causing things like this before

Since you have 120 Down I'd suggest completely un-installing and removing the game from your computer and downloading again. I've seen corrupt files causing things like this before
finally FIXED the LONG load time issue.

updated the realtek nic drivers (to the latest version): did nothing
updated the amd r9 290 video drivers (to the latest vesion): did nothing

the following 2 changes did fix my long load time. i can NOW get into matches ....WOOHOO !!!
wrote a .bat file to shutdown the "windows firewall" (net stop)
router: tplink: network: lan: igmp proxy: disabled

The only game I had problems with long loading times was Planetside 2 like three years ago.

finally FIXED the LONG load time issue.

updated the realtek nic drivers (to the latest version): did nothing
updated the amd r9 290 video drivers (to the latest vesion): did nothing

the following 2 changes did fix my long load time. i can NOW get into matches ....WOOHOO !!!
wrote a .bat file to shutdown the "windows firewall" (net stop)
router: tplink: network: lan: igmp proxy: disabled

Woot great Job, glad it works for you :D

did you not try and add it to your firewall exception list instead of shutting it down?

You need to ask this on the Overwatch forum and not here. The internet speeds and specs you posted are way more than needed to load this game in under 15-20 seconds. I load so fast I honestly don't think I've ever seen a loading screen? *shrug*

Back