Overwatch Is A Global Hit With 7 Million Players - And Counting

Man, I run into that all the time. Diverse team and stick together. Really, that's all there is too it. Yet people run out and try to play like it's CoD, BF, or something else, which you simply can't do.

I kind of expect that when I get into a team where everyone is a single digit level. When my team is composed of lvl 30/40/50, I would not expect that, but it still happens. Usually you can tell within the first minute if your team is going to be any good or not.

I think the big challenge for a lot of new people with this game is dropping the idea that dying is bad and convincing them that K/D ratio doesn't matter. The number of times I've been on a losing team because teammates are afraid they'll die if they try to get on the objective is mind-boggling. Watching that Overtime ticker waste away with a Hanzo or Widow standing just outside the objective, trying to score headshots instead of resetting the OT is borderline infuriating. Last night, my team won a close match because opposing team's Reinhardt charged off the objective he was holding because he was afraid of getting eliminated. We even told him that in chat. "You lost that match because you left the objective. Should have stayed on it." "Yeah but at what cost?" "The cost of not losing?"

It will get better with time.

I hope.

Last edited:
I think the big challenge for a lot of new people with this game is dropping the idea that dying is bad and that K/D ratio doesn't matter. The number of times I've been on a losing team because teammates are afraid they'll die if they try to get on the objective is mind-boggling. Watching that Overtime ticker waste away with a Hanzo or Widow standing just outside the objective, trying to score headshots instead of resetting the OT is borderline infuriating. Last night, my team won a close match because opposing team's Reinhardt charged off the objective he was holding because he was afraid of getting eliminated. We even told him that in chat. "You lost that match because you left the objective. Should have stayed on it." "Yeah but at what cost?" "The cost of not losing?"

It will get better with time.

I hope.

I hate watching my team stand right outside the red box fighting the enemy that is standing inside and capturing....

Reminds me of warcraft, 'stop fighting on the roads!!'

Back