Overscan Hell

Wipeout

Limp Gawd
I made the mistake of installing CCC 11.4 this weekend (up from 11.2). Since doing so, both of my HP 2710m's (connected with DVI-HDMI cables) are putting a constant black border around the edge of the display. I went into CCC to adjust the overscan from 8% to 0%, but it resets after every power off/reboot/monitor sleeps/hibernation. It was working fine with 11.2.

I've uninstalled, rebooted in safe mode, run Driver Sweeper, rebooted, and reinstalled every CCC all the way back to 10.4 with no luck and am starting to get frustrated. Does anyone know of a fix that does not require me to constantly change the settings in the overscan section of CCC? Or is it nVidia time?

Are you sure you've applied the latest hotfix also? Don't think I've seen an ATI driver in the last year or so that didn't include one and I distinctly remember this coming up before and a hotfix squashed it.

10.9a hotfix did come out to fix this, but is not available anywhere on ATI's site. Previous versions that did not (according to Google) have this problem include 10.7 and 10.5. I'm currently in 10.5 and still have the issue, FWIW.

I haven't seen a hotfix for 11.4 yet.

11.4's option:
asdfasgasd.png

I know where the setting is. The issue is that it does not stay set.

Back