Overlord Tempest 27 - Dual Link DVI port - Any way to work on RTX cards?

dcun201

Limp Gawd
Hello all, I just picked up a 2080 rtx card and I just realize the card does not have a DVI-D port. So my monitor is pretty much a old korean OC IPS panel that was binned by a old company called Overlord. The monitor itself have only a DVI connector input and I believe it uses Dual Link as well. I am wondering is there any other cheaper options out there besides those $100 special adapters or do you guys think its time to just get a gsync 27inch monitor.

Hello all, I just picked up a 2080 rtx card and I just realize the card does not have a DVI-D port. So my monitor is pretty much a old korean OC IPS panel that was binned by a old company called Overlord. The monitor itself have only a DVI connector input and I believe it uses Dual Link as well. I am wondering is there any other cheaper options out there besides those $100 special adapters or do you guys think its time to just get a gsync 27inch monitor.

I have the same monitor as you and I’ve come to realize that there isn’t any perfect solution. You’ll have to compromise and probably buy an adapter like this one to get it to work.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/anyone-tried-a-dvi-dual-link-to-dp-active-adapter.218557/

Damn I figured it's time as well. I got it in 2012-2013 so got many years out of it. It's a perfect working monitor too. If only the adapters weren't so expensive I woulda squeeze more life out of them. Do we still need a dual link dvi to HDMI if we want to use it as a second monitor or we can use a standard dvi to HDMI?

Damn I figured it's time as well. I got it in 2012-2013 so got many years out of it. It's a perfect working monitor too. If only the adapters weren't so expensive I woulda squeeze more life out of them. Do we still need a dual link dvi to HDMI if we want to use it as a second monitor or we can use a standard dvi to HDMI?
Yes. Some of them work As long as you run it with a specific active adaptor. Even when it does work, it’s wonky and only supports 60hz.

Those overclockable IPS panels were great for thier time, had a Yamakasi Catleap myself back in 2012. But I would say it's time to move on now.

For sure, those panels were much slower than the modern ones that go in the 165hz g-sync displays.

Next time make sure the video card you're buying has the video outputs you need. That is an expensive mistake to make. DVI is dead, anyway, and has been for a long time. Would be better getting a newer monitor than downgrading your new video card or wasting money on an active adapter just to use that ancient display.

Back