Overkill's The Walking Dead

Comixbooks

Fully [H]

If there was a thread on this I couldn't find it. Games is out Nov. 6th looks like a realistic Left for dead.

Last edited:
Consider trying Vermintide 2 as well. It's somewhat like a rpg world style L4D2. Challenging at the hardest difficulty where you get better rewards for finishing maps. It's a 4 man squad like L4D2. 4 characters each with three classes ses to choose from. You can revive knocked down teammates a few times, and there are some disabling cc type monsters that require teammates to rescue each other. If you die you will respawn shortly after, tied up and disabled at a different part of the map until a teammate frees you. There are mini bosses and level end mob assault wave challenges. There are even fire barrels and bombs/grenades etc. so a lot of parallels to L4D2.
I'm looking forward to seeing how this walking dead turns out too.

Really hoping the reviews for this aren't total shit. From the gameplay videos I'm split 50/50.

Anyone planning on getting this today? Still waiting on reviews.

Keeping an eye on this game people probably don't like the slow pace of the game but do you want a fast game really?

The reviews on Steam has not been that good on this game. Might want to get it on the bargain bin buy
I did buy this game last night. The game play is not too bad. Very intense when the walkers overrun the camp. You have to run around and protect the openings. I do not think it is as fluid as Left for Dead 2 in the movements. I do think it would be a game to play often on my list. The multiplayer servers screen is kinda hard to figure out. No single player option. Graphics are acceptable.

Robert Jordan
Winnsboro Texas

Starbreeze AB, parent company of developer Starbreeze Studios, has filed for reconstruction in their home country of Sweden. Part of the process includes CEO Bo Andersson resigning and leaving the Board of Directors, effective immediately. This follows the financial report that came out late November stating very poor sales of Overkill's The Walking Dead and a bleak outlook for the future of the game and studio. Despite that, Starbreeze have promised to continue support for the game, including developing and releasing additional content at least through the first half of 2019.

https://www.starbreeze.com/2018/12/...idiaries-have-today-filed-for-reconstruction/

I noticed that they added a starter edition for $29.99. Does this allow you to play the full game but with slower character progression, similar to Rainbow 6 Siege's starter edition?

I noticed that they added a starter edition for $29.99. Does this allow you to play the full game but with slower character progression, similar to Rainbow 6 Siege's starter edition?
According to the product description it says it just includes Season 1 content and the first four episodes of Season 2, while the Standard edition includes all of Season 2 in the price. Season 2 is scheduled to be complete by June next year. No mention of a slowdown in character progress or anything like that. I have a feeling they made the Starter edition available for those who may want the game but are nervous about the news. By contrast Telltale initially gave no assurances that their The Walking Dead game would be completed after the studio's closure, in fact saying there would be no refunds for those who prepurchased the entire season.

Back