D
Deleted member 89137
Guest
I currently have a SB audigy 2.
What's the difference between the audigy 2 and the X-fi?
I have a 5.1 setup, a 2.1 setup, and 2 different pairs of headphones that I use.
Obviously my card is "outdated" but I don't see how it could get any better than this... Someone want to let me in on why this card is so hyped up and if its really worth it? If I do buy it which one should I get? And what is XRAM, I don't understand this concept...
I see the ultra high setting in battlefield 2 that is only available with the X-fi... Is it just a marketing ploy, or does it really change how the game sounds??
Setup:
Main gaming headset - Sennheiser pc161
Entertainment - HD485
surround sound w/ sub - Creative SMS 5.1
Stereo - 2 Yamaha 150 watt 3 way bookshelf speakers on a Pioneer SX-780 receiver. Yeah, the receiver is about 25 years old... So what? The thing works 10x better than those horrible Sony stereo receivers they have in best buy, and the interface is 10x simpler... The retro look is also pretty nice.
What's the difference between the audigy 2 and the X-fi?
I have a 5.1 setup, a 2.1 setup, and 2 different pairs of headphones that I use.
Obviously my card is "outdated" but I don't see how it could get any better than this... Someone want to let me in on why this card is so hyped up and if its really worth it? If I do buy it which one should I get? And what is XRAM, I don't understand this concept...
I see the ultra high setting in battlefield 2 that is only available with the X-fi... Is it just a marketing ploy, or does it really change how the game sounds??
Setup:
Main gaming headset - Sennheiser pc161
Entertainment - HD485
surround sound w/ sub - Creative SMS 5.1
Stereo - 2 Yamaha 150 watt 3 way bookshelf speakers on a Pioneer SX-780 receiver. Yeah, the receiver is about 25 years old... So what? The thing works 10x better than those horrible Sony stereo receivers they have in best buy, and the interface is 10x simpler... The retro look is also pretty nice.