Don't know what's going on here... My 8800 GTS (320mb, EVGA) was overheating (going above 80c, and thus always crashing Crysis), and this was AFTER I bought a small pile of case fans.
So now, I just got my GTX 260 (896mb, PNY), and while it's a much cooler card so far (idles at 67c with the case open... yes, that's an improvement), it STILL goes up to 75c when running Crysis, crashing it within a half a minute of loading a level. It would go higher than 75c (judging by how the temp is still climbing at the time of a crash), but that seems to be the crash-limit.
Am I missing something here? RivaTuner says the ambient temp is 54c. The case is open... it's not that hot here. My CPU heatsink is very comfortable to touch, and yet my video card, like the 8800 GTS before it, is so hot, you can't touch ANY part of it without getting burned.
Ideas?
So now, I just got my GTX 260 (896mb, PNY), and while it's a much cooler card so far (idles at 67c with the case open... yes, that's an improvement), it STILL goes up to 75c when running Crysis, crashing it within a half a minute of loading a level. It would go higher than 75c (judging by how the temp is still climbing at the time of a crash), but that seems to be the crash-limit.
Am I missing something here? RivaTuner says the ambient temp is 54c. The case is open... it's not that hot here. My CPU heatsink is very comfortable to touch, and yet my video card, like the 8800 GTS before it, is so hot, you can't touch ANY part of it without getting burned.
Ideas?