• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overheating Issue

obviouslytom

Extremely [H]
2FA
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
38,909
Just a small issue.

I have recently installed a liquid cooling system on my rig and its working great. However, on the program for my mobo that I can see the temp of the cpu, sys and other things, one thing called the PWM. According to the program, the PWM is "the CPU power supplying circuit on the motherboard"

Right now, its sitting at 46C but if I start up a game like FarCry or Doom3, it jumps to ver 70C and the alarm starts going off.

Is there any way to keep this thing cool?
 
If you are sure it is not your CPU just turn the alarm off. However if you suspect it to be your CPU (mobo sensors do go crazy, but mostly with below 0C cooling), buy a temp sensor and stick it to the side of your CPU and see what temps you get.
 
obviouslytom said:
Just a small issue.

I have recently installed a liquid cooling system on my rig and its working great. However, on the program for my mobo that I can see the temp of the cpu, sys and other things, one thing called the PWM. According to the program, the PWM is "the CPU power supplying circuit on the motherboard"

Right now, its sitting at 46C but if I start up a game like FarCry or Doom3, it jumps to ver 70C and the alarm starts going off.

Is there any way to keep this thing cool?

Yes, you could run a fan over them or heatsinks. However, it is not necessary if you you are not getting power flucuation issues due to the motherboard. They are rated to run at very high temperatures, you're not in danger at 70C
 
oh shit I just thought. The thing isn't the CPU its the MOSFETS. As long as they are below 100 they are ok, however doesn't harm to cool them when OCing.
 
Just replaced my "old" case with an Antec P180 which helped out a lot. that PWM is now at idle staying in the low 30's C. since I have 4 120mm fans on the inside of it
 
Back
Top