Overheat Warning

icehokplyr

Limp Gawd
I'm asuming that the sound my computer was making was due to a possible overheating alert. It was two small tones that sounded like an old ambulance. I had the same sound a few months back and found a small wire keeping my MB fan from spinning. This time I opened up my machine and cleaned out alot of dust from around the fans and heat sink. No problems as of yet. Could anyone advise if there is something else wrong? Any other suggestions. If I don't hear the sound anymore, I guess problem solved. I'm just looking for other possible problems and solutions.

Thanks in advance.

Doesnt your mobo have a little book deal that came with it that tells you what the beebs mean? If no, look it up online.

What does your mobo book say, if I remember correctly, dont you have an Abit ai7? Was the warning code FF, for bootup or something? Let us know and see if someone can troubleshoot and get to the bottom of it.

When was the last time it occured?

Good luck.

Well, you see, I am concerned about this because it did say the code was FF and when I looked it up, it said that FF is a boot-up code. If the problem was the dust, what does an overheat warning have to do with the boot-up process? Could it just have been a warning that there was not enough air moving around to my processor?

Thanks for helping....... :)

Or was it even and overheat warning in the first place?
I still have had no problems sinse I cleaned it out. I guess time will tell.

Thanks to all....... :)

Back