Overdrive Util + 1090T + Gigabyte 890FX UD5

DisrupTer911

[H]ard|Gawd
How come when I run the Overdrive utlity I'm not getting core temp readings within it?

I don't see the 890FX chipset listed on AMDs compatibility for the AOD software...but in videos and screenshots it's clearly working.

Is there something I'm missing?

Specs in sig...

TIA!

Core temps on the 6 cores dont work right, you just have to go off TMPIN 1

bull shit, their idle temps on initial batches are off, their load temps are accurate.

To get a reading, look at a program such as CoreTemp, AOD is not the best monitoring option IMO

bull shit, their idle temps on initial batches are off, their load temps are accurate.
IMO

Mine under load...

8a13dca0792531647cbf203e3f4f6342.jpg

i think the core temps are in the performance info, what ever shows the list of cores, core load, and core clocks.. been a while since i've used it and the programs changed a lot since then.

but i agree with wfeather, while AOD is nice, for simple things like clock checking, and temp readings there are far better programs like CPU-z and Coretemp. the one thing AOD is good at is showing your bios settings for all the voltages and ram timing info.

thats something wrong with your system then quitesufficient. either the temp diode on the processor is wrong, your motherboard is screwing up the temp reading or CPUID is wrong. double check it with coretemp.

nah the temps are usually pretty accurate.. just looks like the temp diode on your processor is bad. well i shouldn't say bad but some one screwed up and didn't program it correctly. its not that uncommon in AMD processors sadly. i had the exact same problem in my x2 be-2350 and a lot more people have been seeing the same problem in the athlon II x4's as well.

Check to make sure your that the core unlocker is not on. I have the same setup and mine works normally.

any ideas on why my AOD isn't getting temp readings?

coretemp and easy tune both display temps with no problem.

Updated bios to vF6 last nite and that didn't resolve it.

I've always had issues with AOD's readings (temp, volt, etc). If you have working alternatives, just use those unless for some reason you require AOD.

What's strange is that under fan control.

I only have the CPU fan on mobo header & that reads the overall CPU temp & fan speed.

But it won't read individual core temps in the system monitor section.

AMD doesn't use individual core temps. they have a single temp diode in the center of the processor which shows up as core #0 temp in most monitoring applications.

Then you've never seen AOD where it shows individual core temp/MHz/volt

or your nto sure what he is referring to.....the Phenom II series of chips has a single temp sensor, OTHER chips they have do have multiple sensors, so the ability to read more than one is built into AOD, just like it is in every other monitoring program.

Is there some reason you are tied to using AOD, instead of something like Core Temp, CPUID HWMonitor, Open HWMonitor, or Speed Fan? All of those programs give you the same reading with less resource usage on average, plus easier to read.

If 1090Ts only have 1 temp sensor how come video reviews of OCs etc show multiple core temps?

I'm not tied to AOD I just like that it's all inclusive monitoring s/w.

You'd think it would work properly tho...

I'm not tied to AOD I just like that it's all inclusive monitoring s/w.

You'd think it would work properly tho...

CPUID HWMonitor does monitor everything, including your video card and hard drives

as for one sensor, yes there is only one, the programs all "read" six temps, but they are all always the same

If 1090Ts only have 1 temp sensor how come video reviews of OCs etc show multiple core temps?

because most temp programs interpret as 6 temps but its not. its just 6 duplicates of the single temp sensor. if you look at them all the temps are identical. then go look at an i7 all 4 or 6 temps are completely different since they have a diode temp sensor on each core.

its like that with all phenom II and athlon II processors. the athlon x2's and possibly the phenom I's(though i don't think they did) have temp sensors on each core.

i belivie the Phenom I's had 2 sensors, similar to the C2Q setup, not sure exactly though (only Phenom I i've got is in a linux box and is at stock speed, so no need to watch temps)

Ahhhh okay then that makes sense.

Thanks for the help guys.
I think i'll d/l HW Monitor tonight and check it out.

Back