overcloking

hey guys, i was wondering, my comp is set at 2.34 ghz right now wit a , athlon X2 3800+. do i have to change the voltage when i try to put the frequency higher? and is there any other way to oc my comp? right now the temperature is 28 celcius. thx

wit the cpu voltage, should i just leave it on auto? or is it better to manually adjust it towards the speed of the cpu frequency?

Rule #1: If you have to ask these questions be prepared to buy new stuff when you break yours.

Rule #2: You asked so I will tell you. (I cannot be held liable)

If you can raise the speed of your CPU without raising the voltage, good. If your PC becomes unstable at a certain speed then the voltage will have to be raised. If you raise the voltage too much, that is how you damage stuff. (more power = more heat) BE CAREFUL!

Ram is overclocked automatically when you raise the FSB speed above what the RAM is rated for.

it helps to know what specific motherboard and memory you have also...

list what you have in yuor computer.. we can help you better..

and read some of the general overclocking stickies too...

No insult intended, but you really should set aside some time to read at least one of the many 'overclocking guides' available on the net. Get at least a basic grasp of overclocking methods.

Then get back with questions or terms you don't understand.

Your post indicates no effort on your part to understand what you're doing - so most will simply ignore your posts.

Also, put a brief description of your system components in your sig. That will help others to help you.

Back