• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking X2 5000 Black Edition

zyonuf79

Gawd
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
870
Should I just leave the FSB at 200 MHz and use the unlocked multiplier to overclock or do I need to also overclock the mobo (Hypertransport) and memory (adjust timings and up the Mhz)?
 
well you certainly don't NEED to overclock the mobo, the whole point of the black edition is the unlocked multi. Still, you may get slihtly better results with a combination of clocked values, but its no guarentee and the gains would likely be quite marginal
 
okay....so the most benefits I will see will come from just using the unlocked multiplier.
 
I have my 5000+ BE at 3.3 (check my sig). I previously hat it at at 3.2 and changed the multiplier, but you can push the FSB just a bit and get a few mhz more.
 
So then you both bump the FSB before touching the muliplier?

Edit: Great link BTW
 
My multiplier is at x15 obviously. I didnt bump the FSB. IMO its better bang for the buck thing with the multiplier. 15*200=3000mHz while 13*220=2860 (example), and you don't have to mess with the HT settings either. Also some boards overclock better than others and YMMV from chip to chip as well. Things to keep in mind.
 
Back
Top