overclocking x1950 pro

twogunpete

n00b
i recently purchased a his hitech x1950pro,it does pretty good but lags a little in games like fear extraction point.if i overclock this cardwould this cure some of my lagg? and what program would be good to do this with?i have tried ati tool and all it does is blank out the screen and i have tried using the auto overclock tool in the catalyst driver but all that does is make the screen flash green.i do have the bios set to fast for the video card , could that be causing my problems or am i just using the wrong o/c tool?

by the way it is on the rig in my sig.any advice would be appreciated!

What settings are you playing at that you are getting lag. I would guess with that setup you shouldn't really see any lag. IMO there isn't huge diff in aa 4x vs 8x so you may be able to simple change a setting and have alot better fps and very little if any quality diff.

Ati tool has always worked fine for me, try setting the bios back to normal and see if it changes. I'm not sure why but I get better frame rates from normal then from very fast setting.

You shouldn't really be lagging in that resolution unless you have 6x AA or something... Try 2x AA instead... Or take off AA all together.

Back