• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking woes with fsb/mem synch

Azhreal

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
160
I've had this setup running this way for a long time... p4 2.4c @ 3ghz, and the ram refuses to go over 166/333 no matter the settings on this p4c800 deluxe board. What I'm wondering is if this setup is taking a huge performance loss because of the enormous asynch that it is running in and what I should do about it. I've considered going with a 2.8c so that the fsb would lower and mem wouldn't be as bad, but I'd still need the ram to do 215 to get synched at 3ghz. Bios is updated, everything seems normal and this ram did 204fsb on my old nforce2 board so I'm at a loss. The question basically is how bad is this asynch overclock hurting my performance and what's the best route to fix it if I do need to do something about it.
 
what kind of ram is it? that would help us know if it should be able to get anywhere near those numbers.

loosen timings? up voltage?

buy new ram?
 
Heh, always forget something. It's pc3200c2 corsair XMS... like I said though it was getting 204fsb in an nforce2 setup so it's not the ram. I've tried completely relaxed timings with no effort. I think I'm just going to go with an athlon 64 setup :p
 
just a suggestion- but are there any jumpers on the mobo that set it between 133/166/200 fsb? i have no idea about intel mobos but my msi has got a jumper to set the fsb between 166 and 200.
 
Couldn't find any jumpers at all really... and I just found out the MSI board I wanted to get for athlon64 is completely incompatible with my corsair memory so im back to square 1 trying to find a good board, sigh. The asus board seems really slow for some reason, but fully compatible.
 
Back
Top