Overclocking with GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Angelz3

Weaksauce
I have an i7-2600k in the motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and I am unable to overclock my processor very much at all without it resetting my comp and returning it to the previous settings. I have the coolermaster V8 cooler which is an amazing cooler keeping my temps in the low 30s at stock speeds. My PSU is 950 watts pc power and cooling so it should be way more than enough for overclocking so I don't know why it isn't letting me overclock.

Anyone every succeed in overclocking their i-x processors ON THIS MOTHERBOARD?
Any ideas of why it doesn't let me overclock much?

I'm at 4.5 Ghz right now with 2500k. I'd have to see your BIOS ... maybe your settings are too harsh. There are pre-sets for Turbo and different profiles and all that non-sense. I manually adjust my settings. Maybe your RAM is overclocked too high.

If your volts are high enough, your RAM is within spec. and you're setting the multi yourself, I can see no problem.

Perhaps maybe your trying to use the windows Easy Tune 6 and it's conflicting with what you're trying to set in the BIOS manually.

Really....need to know more.

I only use the BIOS to overclock. The only thing I overclock is the processor because I don't want to risk hurting my ram which is already stock at 1600. I have not changed any voltages or anything. I always turn off the turbo, but I leave the power settings auto. THE ONLY THING I CHANGE IS THE MULTIPLIER, and it still won't let me overclock for very long. Sometimes, I will get it to overclock a bit, but after I restart my comp or anything like that, it always restarts with this error: "Your computer has experienced an error with overclocking or changes in voltages. The current settings may not be the same as your BIOS settings."

If you're changing the multi...depending on how high you're going. You are probably going to need more voltage on your vcore. You might get away with 3.9 or 4.0 on stock volts..but any higher you need more power.

Oh. In what increments should I "up the voltage" in relationship to the multiplier?

I have the same board, without any voltage changes my 2600k will go to 4.4 with just the multiplier, 4.6 with bumps in vcore and llc, at 4.4 vcore on auto pulls 1.27v max under load, 4.6 1.35v manually set with llc at 5 cooled with CM evo 212 idles at 27c-32c under load 57c-62c - applies to both clockspeeds

Last edited:
these boards have poor voltage regulation/power delivery, If you continue having problems see if using 8gbs of ram/2 dimms to see if anything changes, some boards become more difficult to overclock with all Dimms in use

Actually, I use the same voltages on this board as I did on my last Z68 board. Every chip is different...RAM is different..tolerances are different. I don't see how using all 4 DIMMS matters. I slapped all my RAM in on first boot. No problem.

You have to experiment...

Last edited:
Back