Overclocking Wiki's Distributed Computing page

dekard

2[H]4U
Hola!

I've got a new project, the Overclocking Wiki and thought the [h]orde needed whatever pimpage I could give them. So, an article has been created for distributed computing.

I wonder, would you all take a look and (nicely) let me know how I did?

PS, I'll start promoting this site once I get a chance to get a few more articles up so this is your chance to get in on the ground floor and straighten me out before the internet in general hears about this.

Thanks for the edits... Its amazing the things that can be missed... lol...

Pretty good. There are a bunch of sentence errors -- once those are cleared up you'll have a nice presentable site. Anything that talks about distributed computing is a good thing.

MN Scout said:
Pretty good. There are a bunch of sentence errors -- once those are cleared up you'll have a nice presentable site. Anything that talks about distributed computing is a good thing.

so, are you just going to report on the errors or help fix them. :)

Well, I've never really done any wiki things so I don't really know how to go about writing or editing anything. I'll see if I can find some time to figure it out.

MN Scout said:
Well, I've never really done any wiki things so I don't really know how to go about writing or editing anything. I'll see if I can find some time to figure it out.

Editing a wiki is super easy. Once you've created an account, just click the edit link at the top of the page.

I suggest you preview your edits to nake sure there are correct but its not necessary.

Id like to see a little more in there. People have always asked me what folding is, why bother etc. If I were a noob, and read that... I wouldnt get much out of it.

- What is folding?
- Why do we fold?
- Will it slow down my game/computer?
- How do I get started?

Id like to see those types of questions answered, because we can never have too many folders :).

bob said:
Id like to see a little more in there. People have always asked me what folding is, why bother etc. If I were a noob, and read that... I wouldnt get much out of it.

- What is folding?
- Why do we fold?
- Will it slow down my game/computer?
- How do I get started?

Id like to see those types of questions answered, because we can never have too many folders :).

I agree. Who can add in those subtopics?

For some reasons I'm not able to view either of the links...

by the way, i hit google at 11.30 est tonight which is less than 24 hours after I first started to promote the site. Sweet!

Now, we've got to jump on this bandwagon to get the distribute computing page fixed! I want to keep it on the homepage for a long time but I want everyone here to love it.

For the [h]orde!

dekard said:
what exactly is the error message you are getting?
It's now working for me, when I tried it earlier I just simply couldn't reach the site, timed out every time... That doesn't happens now, no worries.

Jon855 said:
It's now working for me, when I tried it earlier I just simply couldn't reach the site, timed out every time... That doesn't happens now, no worries.

Good deal..

Did you see the contest? I love cash prizes.

isnt it OCAU's Wiki? then you might want to add things about them too ;)

FLECOM said:
isnt it OCAU's Wiki? then you might want to add things about them too ;)
Actually, its my wiki.. so, put anything you want about OCAU... :)

I'm closing in on the first 5,000 visitors. Its a small milestone and I'm very happy to have sustained traffic considering the site is in its infancy. At this point, a review is needed of the distributed computing page.

There's been updates to the multithreaded client and gpu folding. With the time I've been spending on the site, I haven't been able to get familiar enough with those topics to do a good job, so I'm hoping someone here can take care of that.

Thanks for a ton for your support, the [h]orde is one of the best groups of people I've had the pleasure of seeing on [h] forums. And, I'm also happy to announce I hit 200k points today! Woot! Here's hoping we can use this page to get a few new recruits to the [h]. Then it will be just a matter of keeping them away from Mary so they will stay around long enough to throw down some points. :)

Back