Overclocking, voltage, and BCLK

1_rick

Supreme [H]ardness
Can overclocking cause BCLK to drop? I've got a Ryzen 1600X in an Asrock X370 Gaming ITX/ac, and I notice that the higher the multiplier I set, the lower the bus clock drops. It's not a lot, but at 4GHz and 1.35V fixed, the clock is down to 98.8 or so; at 3.8GHz, it was around 99.5. Would boosting the voltage a little help with that, or is this where llc/offsets come in?

So far the machine seems to handle prime95 for somewhere between 30 minutes and an hour. I was watching TV while the test ran, and the monitor went to sleep. When I went to check, the computer wouldn't come back from sleep, so I'm guessing I need to boost the voltages somewhere anyway.

The good news is, after setting my AIO's pump and fan curves higher than default, Tdie never got over about 72C, at least not in the first 30 minutes or so, as of the last time I checked, so this chip looks like it might be pretty good.

I've never seen any correlation between voltage or LLC, with what the bclk drops to in the reporting software.

Back