• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking video cards don't need extra voltage?

hitokiri

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2001
Messages
178
I'm going to be getting my new eVGA 6800 video card tomorrow and plan to overclock it. I've overclocked systems before, however I have never done video cards. Been looking over the forums and for every video card overclock thread I have yet to see one mentioning voltage on these cards.

So the question is:

Is everyone getting those 6800 overclocks on default voltage? If not, what are you pushing it up to and what's the safe spot on them?

Thanks
 
I think your question *MIGHT* be better answered on the xtremesystems forums. They overclock and mod the shit outta anything. It's where I read up on modding my 9600xt and also started a thread to mod an LM63 temp sensor to it.

I'm sure people here can answer, but if you don't get any immediate responses you like, look over there as I'm sure someone there has done it already.

good luck


:EDIT: Here's a link about a BIOS mod for a 6800 for voltage. Apparently you can edit the bios on a 6800 card to change the voltage...how sweet is that?! :D
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40638
 
Back
Top