overclocking tips

snyper238

Limp Gawd
I can get to about 2.45ghz with about 1.44 volts. I really want to hit 2.5ghz but I cant seem to stable. Anyone have any tips to get higher? I have ran it at 1.6 volts and it still isnt stable

I have:

3800X2
DFI Infinity NF4 SLI
2gb 4x512 OCZ Performance

maybe that's the best ur cpu can do. there's no other way to increase fsb if you've hit the limit except to add more voltage.

about 46 under heavy load

you think the high temp is causing it to be unstable?

You've lowered the mem divider to something to say 133 or under? Have you lowered the htt multi to 4 or under?

lowering mem divider only takes out the memory issue, it doesnt do anything to cpu fsb.

Yup, I know. But he hasn't said whether or not he's found the problem yet. But, I guess I'll appologize, I was just trying to help figure where the problem is.

list all the settings you're using.

see sig if you want something to read :D

i dropped my memory to 166

should i try to go lower with that?

memory divivder is at 166
fsb 250
htt 4x
chipset voltage- 1.6
chip voltage - 1.55
dimm voltage - 1.8

Yea i have read that guide a couple of times, awesome guide I learned alot. Thanks for that

Honestly, with 4 sticks of ram, that might be your limiting factor. Take 2 out and see if you can post higher! Sorry if this is a repeat, I can't be bothered to read through the entire thread.

yea I am at work right now.

when i get home i am gunna try a couple different things.

Thanks for all the help so far!

ok so i got home and these are my settings according to cpuz

250mhz fsb
multiplier 10x
2.5ghz
divider is at 166
1.6v
i think my chipset voltage is at 1.5v which is stock

i have been running superpi an its stil going for 5 min so far

my temps are about 47 degrees

EDIT
prime95 failed immedietly

Yea I ws going to ask that

I am running the bottum Prime95 test which has a lot of ram tested. And getting a error.

I just dropped my htt link to 4x

I am now trying to go up very little but taking lots of time and getting stable at each step.

My FSB is at 235
divider is 1:1
dimm voltage is at 1.7
HTT 4x
chip voltage is at 1.45

I got a NOT EXACT IN ROUND error in Superpi

I changed the Prime95 test to see if is my ram that is acting up. If so I will just drop it down to ddr333

get memtest to test for your ram stability. for cpu stability use the prime95 small fft.

no matter how much u drop ur memory dividers, it has nothing to do w/ the FSB. 2 ways to increase FSB.
1-- add more voltage
2-- increase multiplier

Back