• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking software (I read the sticky)

Devilpup

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 4, 2002
Messages
2,047
I've been out of the tweaking scene for quite some time (circa 2004) and just did a refresh/cleanout of my pc. I'm trying to figure out what software people are using these days to benchmark systems. Yes I know most people say to just play games and see how it does, so I'm not looking for that answer. I'm looking for the current crop of benchmarking and stability testing software so that I can torture test my system and figure out where I'd like to invest in upgrades. If you're curious, here is my current system:

A 64 3400+ (socket 754) @ 2411mhz, 200 fsb
1.5g Crucial DDR
Nv 7800GT w/ 256mb vid card
74gb WD Raptor hdd
PC P&C Turbo-Cool 510 psu

Most of the system is from around 2004 except the mb and vid card which I upgraded in 2006. It plays all the games I have without a problem except Oblivion which gets really slow in places. The last game I bought before that was WoW, which it handles without much trouble. I only game at a max resolution of 1600x1200 and want to enable as much AA as possible in games.

If you guys could point me towards some updated benchmarking/torture testing software I would appreciate it. The sticky is pretty out-dated so it's not much use to me, unless there just isn't any new software out since then. Thanks.
 
Orthos and Prime95 are pretty much the standard for CPU stress-testing these dats. For GPU testing, generally people just run hardware-intensive games, although 3DMark is used as well. There's also a program called Furmark that's supposed to be very stressful, although I'm personally not familiar with it.
 
Back
Top