Overclocking Records Set with 7th Gen Intel Core Processors

HardOCP News

[H] News
7th Gen Intel Core is all about performance, and already it is literally setting a new bar. In just the first few hours after officially launching, 8 new overclocking world records have been set with the Intel Core i7-7700K. Enthusiasts around the world who demand the highest performance they can get are pushing the new 7th Gen Intel® Core™ processors to the limit with amazing results. Overclocking isn’t for everyone, but these records show the performance 7th Gen Intel Core can deliver to power the best gaming and VR experiences. The records aren’t expected to end here. If you’re at CES 2017, be sure to drop by the HWBOT World Tour to see some of the world’s top overclockers show what 7th Gen Intel Core can do as well as join workshops for those new to overclocking. If you aren’t in Las Vegas, you can also tune in to Twitch to catch the action.

From everything I'm seeing, the 7700k / Z270 is kinda "meh". No reason at all to upgrade from a 6700k, but if you're looking to upgrade from something older, there's no reason to buy a Skylake over Kaby Lake...

From everything I'm seeing, the 7700k / Z270 is kinda "meh". No reason at all to upgrade from a 6700k, but if you're looking to upgrade from something older, there's no reason to buy a Skylake over Kaby Lake...

Depends on the prices. Either one would be a huge upgrade from my 6 year old i7 860.
If some dumps the 6700k's cheap enough, I might just go for the 6700k.
Otherwise I'll just wait for a deal on a 7700k and a z270 board. Figure the 7700k should be good for another 6+ years.

Depends on the prices. Either one would be a huge upgrade from my 6 year old i7 860.
If some dumps the 6700k's cheap enough, I might just go for the 6700k.
Otherwise I'll just wait for a deal on a 7700k and a z270 board. Figure the 7700k should be good for another 6+ years.

True. My comment didn't really include the used market. If you can get a good deal on a 6700k, that's probably the way to go. But if you're buying new, then I'd spend the extra few bucks on the 7700k.

Back