• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking/ Ram Timmings Help

shyheim

n00b
Joined
Sep 17, 2005
Messages
23
Ok well this is my 1st time overclocking i think i understand what to do. I need some help with the ram timmings. i have got it Oc'd to 2.2ghz from 1.8. So i am doing good so far. I am using stock cooling. my goal is 2.4, but after i try to go past 2.2 ie 2.3 it doesnt boot.I think it is the ram timmings.but i dont know what to change.

here are my current settings:

RAM:

Auto Config: Manual
Dram CAS Latency: CL 2.0
RAS Active Time: 8T
RAS Precharge Time: 4T
RAS To CAS Delay: 4T
DRAM Bank Interleaving: Enabled (Default)

CPU x9
CPU Clock 245mhz (200-300)
Dram Clock 211 mhz (any higher it will not boot, i lowered it from 245 and it booted)
Vcore: 1.42
Vram 2.65 (default)

Stock Cooling
Cpu Temp: 47-48 Max load 52-53
system Temp: 34-35

I am basically stuck i dont know much about the ram timmings and the computer will not boot if i set the clock to 256 x9 3.0 so i need some help on how to achieve my goal of 2.4ghz. I am sure a lot of you guys can help me out with the ram timmings Thank you.





:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
 
tornadotsunamilife said:
Well I'm certainly no expert at this but maybe it's more to do with voltage rather than timings?

well yea i have tried upping the voltage but doesnt do anything but i dont know about the ram settiings so i havent touched them. i even lowerd the ram fsb again and that did nothing too. I think it is the the ram timmings that are holding me back. but the 2.2ghz benchmarks are good i am happy so fair. but i know it can go more :)
 
Ok i just tried upping the vram from 2.65 -default to the next on up (2.75v) still doesnt boot :mad:
 
What brand and model mem?

What brand and model mobo?

You should reduce your CAS latency from the looks of it. try 2.5 or 3
 
yeah, that cas latency kinda jumps out at me too...

though rig specs are definitly a requirement for any constructive feedback from me :p :D
 
I agree with ecplipse... but try lowering cas to 3.0 and leave the rest and upp ram voltage to 2.9 then try. With cas at 3 them timings are quite loose so i dont think it would be timings but eclipse will know for sure:D
 
coolkishan said:
I agree with ecplipse... but try lowering cas to 3.0 and leave the rest and upp ram voltage to 2.9 then try. With cas at 3 them timings are quite loose so i dont think it would be timings but eclipse will know for sure:D

I think with those kind of timings and voltage he could easily hit 2.4 they need tightening up a bit (voltage for a start, 2.9???)
 
I was just saying those timings and voltages because then i could see if he can even get past 2.4 then he could tighten them
 
SpoogeMonkey said:
It would help ALOT if we knew what cpu you are oc'ing, what mobo, ram, etc you have.


Ok sorry

Specs:

CPU amd 64 3000 venice core

Mobo is JetWay A210GDMS-Pro Socket 939

RAM OCZ Performance Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

Cas Latency 2
Timing 2-3-3-6
Voltage 2.6V
 
ok i tried 9x256
Ram clock at 222mhz and 189mhz
vcore 1.45
Cas 3.0
Vram 2.75
Still doesnt boot.
 
I have tried everything you guys have said so far and it cant get it to boot. i can goto 250x9 but if i try 255 it doesnt boot.

yea at 250x9 video games freeze up and what not so. i dont not about that i even bumped the vcore up some still freezes. so i put it back to 2.2

I have tried raising the vcore to 1.50 + doesnt boot.
i have tried changing the cas to 3.0 and raising the ram volt doesnt boot.
i have tried lowering the ram clock to 156 mhz and 216 mhz w/ vcore raised and cas 3.0 doesnt boot.

So any imput would be great i dont really know what else to do.

Any suggestions on changing the ram timmings? would that do anything i dont know.
 
i have read on here awhile back when i was looking into getting this mobo and i have seen ppl hit 2.5. 2.4 and they say there onboard nic card goes out. but i know it is possible.
 
I got a question dealing with ram timmings, my stock kingston hyper x pc3200 came stock at 2-2-2-5 and i set them to 2.5-3-3-6 @ 2.7volts at a 1:1 ratio my computer is clocked at 3.4ghz from a 3.0ghz p4. is this considered pretty good with the ram? i checked cpu-z and my ram is running at 227|227 1:1.
 
I think you would be ok to set it back to 1 and manually set ram timings to2-3-3-6. Also, have you taken the ram out of the picture yet (run ddr200 / 1:2 divider, set ht to 3x) and tried to find the max the cpu can do?
 
Back
Top