Overclocking Radeon 9600 Pro

lmxru

n00b
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
3
I looked at hards review for overclocking the 9600pro, and i was impressed, i wanted to get higher fps in counter-strike with custom models(as i was getting about 60 fps with customs). So i downloaded the Radlinker at http://www28.brinkster.com/chrisww1942/ and installed it.
I went to overclock it to the highest hard suggested and I got some type of error saying that the drivers arent responding, and then it would screw up and the screen would go blank. I would have to then restart. Could anyone help me with this problem?

Oh yeah, i got the review from http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDY0 if you wanted to check it out.

thanks.
 
You'll probably want to get the omega drives as i believe the 9600 pro series is locked (using conventional drivers) so you won't be able to o/c until you unlock it. i believe (don't quote me on this, since i haven't even put my 9600 in a system yet) the omega's will do it.
 
yeha, you'll have to get the softmaodded driver, which unlock the ocing capability (which is quite large)
 
Back
Top