• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking Question

Karant

Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
607
Ok, I have a
HIS Excalibur 9800 Pro (running at my mobo AGP rate of 4x) with a Arctic-Cooling VGA Silence Rev. 3 silencer/fan.

As seen here:
agptype.jpg


I'm not sure exactly what kind of PSU I have, all I know is that it is a stock PSU from a Dell Dimension 4550, so if someone can find out what PSU that is for me, it'd be greatly appreciated.


So what it comes down to is that I want to get the most performance out of my AGP 4x video card so is it possible for me to overclock? How do I overclock? Is it safe for me to overclock? What should I consider before overclocking?

Thanks.
 
I overclocked the core from 378 to 412 (With ATI Tool). Should this be safe... with my arctic cooling fan?
 
How old is your card? OC'ing decreases the life of your card significantly. If its already 2 years old, you may not get a lot of use out of it at this point. Its unlikely you'll see a remarkable difference in performance, but when you're playing with a now lower-to-mid-range card, any improvement you can make is worth it.
 
Back
Top