Overclocking problems, (pretty?)please advise

Raph

n00b
I'm running the following:
2.8c p4
2x512 Corsair pc4000 Pro
Asus P4C800 Deluxe
Water cooled with swiftech cpu/gpu blocks.

With the voltage on the cpu is at 1.675, the most I can get is 3307 (14x236.2) - the memory voltage is maxed out at 2.85.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get higher... I've tried to up the voltage, I've tried messing with the rations (which I didnt think would make a diff since of the ram i'm using should be able to handle it) and still, I can't seem to get anything more.

If I go over 249fsb the computer hangs right after it detects ide devices. If I got over 260 it wont even post :( - anything between 249 and 244 windows wont boot, and between 244 to the 237 prime 95 crashes the system and makes it reboot.

I'm really stumped, and I'm really, really hoping that i'm missing something here... any advice would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

my 2.8c can do 3.3ghz with 1.55vcore but when i put it to 2.31 it dies and with any vcore its unstable

It's really unbelieveable - I thought I'd be able to get 3.4 atleast with this setup... even 3.5 :(

set your divider to 5:4 and see if it helps... but the ram should be able to hold its own at 1:1 =\

I tried messing with the divider, but that didnt do anything at all - even on fsb's that I could boot into windows with, and start running prime95, it would crash at the same time regardless of ratio :|

ah well, 500mhz isnt what the worst - I just thought I'd get more with the setup ;)

if the setup is all pretty new give a few months @ that speed then try it again or do a 24 hour burn in

Back