hey im a n00b when it comes to OCing, but i wanted some help to achieve what i wish to have for my system. its 3.4 ghz right now, and id like to get it to at least 4ghz with a 14x multiplier. its at 17 currently. I ve talked to a few other people and they didnt seem to know what to do so i figured id come here. They also asked about my memory, and if im overclocking my cpu, what does that have to do with it? I read a sticky here but that didnt help on what i would need to set the bios to. When i set the mult. to 14, and FSB to 286 to get 4ghz about, the computer doesnt even restart. its just a black screen. I have to turn it off so it goes hack to defaults. I tried altering the voltage but that doesnt seem to help either. I have better luck ifthe multiplier is 17, but id like 14 so i can have a higher FSB. My motherboard is abit aw8-max 3rd eye II, and i got that cause i knew id want to oc. Is there anything else i would need to set? the memory is kingston hyperX 667 ddr2, and at 333mhz, cas latency is 5 clocks and the ratio is 3:5. do i need to get that to 1:1 in order to achieve the oc i want? how would i go about doing that also? any help is appreciated!