morpheus9394
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- May 8, 2002
- Messages
- 369
Hi,
I have just ordered my first P4 upgrade, to replace my aging AMD 1900+.
I have been seeing that alot of people are getting great overclocks with the P4 so I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction, with some advice or tips or good web links.
My new parts are:
P4 2.8ghz Hyperthreading
Abit IC7
Corsair Twinx 1gb 3200 low latency
Seagate 120gb 7200.7 SATA HDD
AKASA KING COPPER 901 cooler
My case has 6 80mm case fans, 3 blowing air in and 3 sucking hot air out, so heat should not be a problem, especially with that AKASA cooler.
I also have a HIS ICE 9800, which has an very good cooler & exhaust system to keep it alot cooler than other 9800s and I have overclocking that already, but not really pushing it hard (465 core, 365 memory)
If anyone has got optimal bios settings for my new board, especially in regards to memory timings, I would be very grateful.
Thanks in advanced.
I have just ordered my first P4 upgrade, to replace my aging AMD 1900+.
I have been seeing that alot of people are getting great overclocks with the P4 so I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction, with some advice or tips or good web links.
My new parts are:
P4 2.8ghz Hyperthreading
Abit IC7
Corsair Twinx 1gb 3200 low latency
Seagate 120gb 7200.7 SATA HDD
AKASA KING COPPER 901 cooler
My case has 6 80mm case fans, 3 blowing air in and 3 sucking hot air out, so heat should not be a problem, especially with that AKASA cooler.
I also have a HIS ICE 9800, which has an very good cooler & exhaust system to keep it alot cooler than other 9800s and I have overclocking that already, but not really pushing it hard (465 core, 365 memory)
If anyone has got optimal bios settings for my new board, especially in regards to memory timings, I would be very grateful.
Thanks in advanced.