Overclocking on ECS 848P-A READ!

Seongmin

Gawd
Hey, I have a Prescott 2.4 in an ECS 848P-A. I know most of you are thinking by now, there is no chance for ocing but guess what? I O/c'd the cpu to 3.0 where it ran stable and 3.1 where it begins to get alittle crazy :p . What I am wondering is, is there a way to unlock the Cpu and how would I adjust the voltage? Thanks in advance.

Seongmin said:
Hey, I have a Prescott 2.4 in an ECS 848P-A. I know most of you are thinking by now, there is no chance for ocing but guess what? I O/c'd the cpu to 3.0 where it ran stable and 3.1 where it begins to get alittle crazy :p . What I am wondering is, is there a way to unlock the Cpu and how would I adjust the voltage? Thanks in advance.

No you can't unlock the cpu. The voltage is usually in the bios in the same section that you use to overclock the processor.

So you got the Fry's deal too? $109 is a good price for the combo. I'm running mine at 3.0 also. Easy oc. The ECS board does not have vcore adjustment. Given how skimpy the power components are it's probably a good thing.

Fluke said:
So you got the Fry's deal too? $109 is a good price for the combo. I'm running mine at 3.0 also. Easy oc. The ECS board does not have vcore adjustment. Given how skimpy the power components are it's probably a good thing.

i've got same combo from Fry's. haven't tried overclocking it since i've heard so much about heat issues with Prescotts and using the stock HSF. it idles at 40C.

No voltage options kind of stinks but 2.8 was a breeze. I was unable to get more with a stable oc...

Idling at 40C is _NORMAL_ for prescott's. They get HOT, that's what they do. The 1mb L2 is what you sacrafice for the heat, and the 90nm technology.

Back